Subject: statistics on HIV
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 09:39:31 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Greetings from Latvia!

I am writing to you on behalf of the Baltic HIV Association, a 
non-governmental organization committed to addressing HIV/AIDS issues across 
the Baltic states. Our mission includes the collection, analysis, and 
dissemination of data pertaining to the HIV epidemic, with the aim of 
fostering a comprehensive understanding among healthcare professionals, 
policymakers, and the general public.

Annually, we compile an extensive report on the HIV situation within the 
Baltic region. To this end, precise and current statistical data are crucial 
for us to accurately evaluate and compare the progression of the HIV 
epidemic in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

Unfortunately, we have observed that our required datasets are not fully 
available on the Ministry of Social Affairs official website. Therefore, we 
respectfully request your assistance in providing us with the following 
specific statistical information:

1.	The numbers of newly diagnosed HIV cases, AIDS cases, and deaths (from 
all causes) in Estonia as of January 1st for the years 2021, 2022, 2023, and 
2024.
2.	Incidence of new HIV cases in Estonia per 100,000 inhabitants on January 
1st of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024.
3.	Distribution of new HIV cases in  Estonia by gender and transmission 
route on January 1st of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024.
4.	Distribution of new HIV cases in  Estonia by age groups on January 1st of 
2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024.
5.	Total number of HIV tests performed, including those for donors and 
prisoners, in  Estonia in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
6.	Total number of rapid HIV diagnostic tests conducted at HIV prevention 
sites in  Estonia in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
7.	Total number of HIV patients who have received antiretroviral therapy 
(ART) in  Estonia in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
8.	Number of perinatally infected children (new cases) in  Estonia as of 
January 1st for the years 2021, 2022, and 2023.

We believe that the requested data will significantly enhance our 
understanding of the HIV landscape in the country and enable us to draw 
meaningful comparisons with Latvia and Lithuania. Please be assured that the 
information provided will be used responsibly and with the utmost respect 
for confidentiality and privacy. Additionally, we plan to disseminate the 
findings through our website, www.balthiv.com/statistics 
<http://www.balthiv.com/statistics> , contributing to better informed 
community and policy interventions.

Should you require further details regarding our request, or if there are 
any forms or procedures we need to comply with, please do not hesitate to 
inform us. You may contact Evija Dompalma-Linuža, a board member of the 
Baltic HIV Association, at [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  for 
any inquiries related to this request.

We sincerely hope for your positive response and look forward to 
collaborating with your esteemed agency towards a comprehensive and 
impactful understanding of the HIV situation in Estonia.

Thank you for considering our request.

Best regards,

Evija Dompalma-Linuža

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

+37129125838

www.balthiv.com <http://www.balthiv.com/>